since the latest update to Firefox 84 (on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, 64-bit) I noticed a conflict between the Nitrokey Pro and one of my Firefox profiles (
- Nitrokey is not plugged in: Firefox works as usual
- Insert Nitrokey: Firefox hangs when trying to re-load a web page, the spinner is active, and the window is not being refreshed. The only option is to kill Firefox.
- When Firefox is started when the Nitrokey is plugged in, the main window is created, but no contents at all is rendered. Again Firefox must be killed.
- Launching Firefox with the option
--safe-modeworks fine but…
- … manually disabling all extensions and launching Firefox doesn’t.
The effect does not occur with other profiles, nor with the Tor browser. I guess I could just create a new profile, but I don’t want to lose my bookmarks, history etc. etc. Any idea what could hang Firefox, and how could I clean my profile?
Thanks in advance, Albrecht.