Dfu-programmer fails with "no device present"

szszszsz:

The question is about making the management of the device reasonably user-friendly, in a multi-platform environment.

I did not have the time to debug and compile the tool on the Mac, but the OS is just another open-source Unix system, Darwin, and accessing low-level operations as root is not that different on the Mac. It should suffice to open a shell as root before executing the command.

What would suit me is simply good programming, good documentation, and clarity for all platforms that the product promises to be compatible with.

What would suit the everyday Mac user is certainly an Apple-signed app that integrates a decent firmware upgrade tool, which can be run with administrative privileges (GUI equivalent of sudo), - but probably not “as root”.

If I understand well, dfu-programmer is GPL open source, multi-platform, so incorporating it in a decent multi-platform Nitrokey App ought not to be impossible.

Of course. None of that is required. I was just referring to the uneasiness of using sudo and with which of the solutions would you be happy with. Sorry if that sounded unkind.

I see. Perhaps we could provide some GUI based on dfu-programmer, but that would still require admin. privileges, which essentially is what root has. Nevertheless, a signed programmer application is a good proposition.

You are right. The only constraint is time, hence my feedback gathering and suiting to the user without unnecessary work.

I hope we are getting there.

Hello guys,
I have same problem no device found.
i am using win 7, latest dfu version, UNO r3 board (m16u2).
When i try to erase i got the error no device found.
i tried every possible thing on web. yet my problem is solved.

Hi @nishikant_hingole!

We support solving problems only with our specific device model, which use DFU - Nitrokey Storage. We are not using Arduino at all, sorry.

can you provide some link’s regarding my quetion ???