Fedora Core 28: Nitrokeys detected as keyboard?

OK, i could disable the start page, thanks to your hint.:
— a/src/ui/mainwindow.cpp
+++ b/src/ui/mainwindow.cpp
@@ -240,7 +240,6 @@ MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent):
load_settings_page();

make_UI_enabled(false);

• startConfiguration(false);

ui->statusBar->showMessage(tr(“Idle”));

The settings will not be saved yet, right? I mean "main/show_main_on_connection" for instance. i edited ~/.config/Nitrokey/Nitrokey\ App.conf manually to disable "Show Main when device connects":

[main]
first_run=false
language=de_DE
show_main_on_connection=false

And i noticed, there are duplicate "Configure" entries in the try menu:

— a/src/GUI/Tray.cpp
+++ b/src/GUI/Tray.cpp
@@ -539,9 +539,6 @@ void Tray::generateMenuForProDevice() {
trayMenuSubConfigure = trayMenu->addMenu(tr(“Configure”));
trayMenuSubConfigure->setIcon(GraphicsTools::loadColorize(":/images/new/icon_settings.svg"));

• trayMenuSubConfigure_tray = trayMenu->addMenu(tr(“Configure”));
  • trayMenuSubConfigure_tray->setIcon(GraphicsTools::loadColorize(":/images/new/icon_settings.svg", true));
  • if (TRUE == libada::i()->isPasswordSafeAvailable())
    trayMenuSubConfigure->addAction(configureActionStick20);
    else

You have to call settings.setValue(key, value) to write the setting using the code. The key you have mentioned is handled by the settings page already, no need to edit it via editor (unless I missed something).

Indeed, but only for Pro devices AFAIR.
Edit: registered as nitrokey-app#357.

Could you test please my solution for delayed tray icon insertion? It is in 370-delayed_tray branch.

370-delayed_tray works, the tray icon is shown after a short delay.

about settings: i use nitrokey-app on a ultrabook with 1600x900, the save button at the bottom is not clearly visible to me. there’s plenty of free space, could the height be reduced by 100 px or so?
There’s a mainwindow.ui file which could be compiled by uic to ui_maindow.h which is already included

$ grep ui_m mainwindow.cpp
#include “ui_mainwindow.h”

but there’s no ui_mainwindow.h? I don’t know where the mainwindow get it’s geometry.

Great, thank you! It has not made for v1.3.1 but I will merge it into the next release.

Seems like a good idea!
ui_mainwindow.h is created during the QMake compilation. Perhaps you would like to familiarize with Qt Creator and see the mainwindow.ui in the GUI?