Nitrokey Pro assembly documentation

Hallo!

Gibt es für den Nitrokey Pro eine Dokumentation über den Zusammenbau?

Ich würde mir gerne einen selbst bauen, nicht unbedingt wegen den Kosten (wird vermutlich gleich viel kosten) eher just for fun.

Soweit ich den Ablauf verstanden habe ist eigentlich nichts schwieriges dabei:

• PCBs produzieren (OSHpark eignet sich) und selbst bestücken
  • firmware compilieren, per SWD flashen (besitze einen JLink EDU)
  • openPGP smartcard einsetzen (gibt es ein bestimmtes Modell? Ich habe nichts in der BOM davon gefunden, würde sonst eine openpgp smartcard v2.1 sim breakout nehmen)

Muss eine initiale configuration vorgenommen werden (z.b. reset Datei aufspielen? nitrokey.com/de/documentati … t-nitrokey)
Muss sonst irgendetwas beachtet werden?

english:
Is there any documentation for assembly available?
I’d like to assemble a Nitrokey Pro on my own, not because of the costs (I guess it will cost me the same compared to an assembled one) but mainly just for fun.

Seems prette straight forward:

• order PCBs (OSHPark seems to be the perfect place), order and solder components
  • compile firmware and upload via SWD (I’ve a Segger JLink EDU)
  • inser openPGP smartcard (what model is required? I couldn’t find any information in the BOM, I guess its a openPGP smartcard v2.1 sim breakout)

Do I need to do any initial configuration like flash the reset information (nitrokey.com/de/documentati … t-nitrokey)
Anything else to consider?

MfG
Neo

edit: added english version

Hi Neo, you pretty much summarized the procedure.

Yes, it’s any OpenPGP 2.1 Card. You would need to cut it to MicroSIM size.

For flashing you can use SWD or serial port. The later requires to build a simple adapter because the serial port is exposed via the USB plug but logically it’s RS232.

No special settings required.

Alternatively you could get an assembled board from us.

We wrote an overview and instructions how to program the Nitrokey: nitrokey.com/documentation/programming

Cool!

Maybe you can also add a small image descibing the pinout (SWD, Serial, Boot Jumper) and downsize the first and last image.

The SWD approach is added. Regarding the TTL/RS232/USB adapter, I think the white cable is VCC 3.3V and red is GND. Please give it a try and let me know.