NK Storage / App 1.x /macOS 10.12.5 - Card Init Crashing

Nop - just flashed it and it has the same behavior like FW046 or FW048. Only FW045 is able to unmount and stays away …

CLI will be done as soon as I will touch the Nitrokey App / libnitrokey sources :-).
There is a stub already on libnitrokey.

That’s right, red LED is for Smartcard communication and green one is for SD access. Indeed I thought about disconnecting when the transfer ended. I have never taken care regarding destroying device in such way (all my usual pendrives, even the oldest, are still working) but I will look closely on next tests.

You can download my public key directly from public keyservers (like MIT) or using gpg:

$ gpg --recv-keys 91DE5B22

Full fingerprint: 8681 8406 9239 FF65 DE0B CD7D D9BA E359 91DE 5B22.
But indeed it would be great to have it too on main site to compare with the other sources. (@jan)

Sorry for not being precise. I thought about better synchronization of both CCID and HID interfaces. The unmounting issue has not been fixed yet. Could you add an issue to Github regarding this?

So, now I am a bit in trouble - and I already tried a lot …

I can’t unlock the password safe any longer - wrong user pin
My “normal” user pin is correct - I can unlock the encrypted device ( which was destroyed after all the flashing
My admin pin is also working ( still the standard 122345678 to keep it simple for now
the FW pin is also working (again the default pin)
I could enter HOTP/TOTP and save them with the admin pin
but the password save ist dead :frowning:
using macOS10.12.6, FW045, nitro-app1.1
And there is another strange behavior : when I enter the “wrong” user pin, the try-counter is going down to 2, next time it will show again as 3 - so it is jumping between 2 and 3.
I already used gpg-connect-agent and the reset text what worked ( at least it stayed it )
So damn - the safe is gone … seufz

You have bumped into UI issue nitrokey-app#264, sorry! Just regenerate the AES keys (use Destroy encrypted data from tray menu).

Ah, correct it works now again …

issue logged ( 20 chars following) 012345678901234567890

That sounds great !!! Don’t wait too long :smiley:

Hi @Peacekeeper,

can this thread marked as ‘solved’? I am a bit lost on this conversation, to be honest :blush:

Is there any question left you like to see answered?

Kind regards
Alex

Sorry for late answer: vacations :smiley: … and yes, solved as I have opened issue tickets as needed.

No worries, thanks for commenting! :blush: