Can not boot into NextBox

Hello,
other boot topics got resolved or are a bit different, so I’m presenting my case.
I’ve shutdown the NB to change the internet cables and after that it never booted again. I get the same light as Stuck in I dont know what mode?! - #2 by daringer, that dimmed blue for the first minute or two, and inside I see on the Pi mainboard a constant red light and green light that blinks 7 times in a row, then shortly pauses, and repeats.

I tried to plug the power to both usb-c ports, no success, Internet cable blinks.

Any Ideas, how to resolve this?

Regards,
Matej

Ok, there seem to be strange things and strange things.

I played with it for a day, did everything my mind produced, nothing. Checked all connections, replaced al cables, really everything.

Today I tried again, and it works.

I have absolutely no clue.

Thank you anyway.
Matej

Hello,
I needed to reboot the comp, and I obviously need to seek help from support. Again, I can not start the Nextbox. The fault is the same as in my first post, NB never boots. I fear that I might damage it by constantly pulling the power out and back in.

Does anyone faces anything similar?
Regards
Matej

Sorry for this silly question, but you did try to push the ‘reset’ button, isn’t it? What is the color of the LED on the side? Do you have an external backup HD plugged in? (if yes, unplug and retry)

Harve5,
actually, no as it “inevitably deletes all files on the NextBox and any configuration settings.” So I have not reset the machine, if you mean Factory reset.
The color of the led is dimmed blue, so the color of first two minutes before NC kicks in and yes nothing is plugged in except LAN and power.

Thanks for helping!
Regards,
Matej

I didn’t mean “factory reset”; I sort of remembered there are various successive actions with that button, the full reset being the last one only (I think factory reset is a long press?). But anyways, this reboot command would just be the same as unplug/replug, so is of no interest here. I understand you also know the meaning for the LED colors here. Sorry for not being helpful!

I don’t see what would prevent the box to continue booting, maybe an unsufficient power supply, or the internal memory card being not inserted correctly?
If you manage to boot again once, I’d suggest getting an external, powered USB disk, performing a backup on it, then doing a full factory reset and recovering from the external disk…
Certainly @daringer may have better ideas than me, a poor end-user…

Hello,
I thought about power supply, I use original and I also tried another RPi adapter. The problem is, that the error occurs right at the begining of the boot process. The only thing I have not yet tried, is reinserting internal memory card.

I’ve also sent a distress call to support@nitrokey, hopefully someone will be able to tell, what those fricking blinking lights mean.

Regards,
Matej

I think the internal flashing red LED is part of the underlying Raspberry Pi. At least I regularly see this kind of internal red flashes on my NB. Unfortunately I’m away from home at this time, so I cannot check if it actually flashes “normally”. I’ll see tomorrow when back.

Well, nothing helps.
I’ve also checked the SD card, no success. The NextBox does not boot, and I have absolutely no idea, how to proceed.
Will wait for the Support.
Regards,
Matej

I’m back in front of my Nextbox and I can confirm there indeed is a little red LED inside, that one can see only by peering through the junction on the short side opposite the connectors. This red LED definitely stays lit when the Raspberry Pi is operating normally.