Help! I think I bricked my Nitropad v56

Hello,

I am desperate.

I am using my Nitropad v56 with Heads and Qubes since the release.

Today I wanted to upgrade HEADS to the newest version. I downloaded it (firmware-nitropad-v56-v3.0.1.zip), verified via GPG, pasted the .zip file in an external USB, started Nitropad and followed the procedure here: Firmware Update - Nitrokey Documentation

Every step during the flash was correct. I was checking the progress. Then the “flashed successfully” message appeared. I pressed OK, removed the USB and the PC restarted.

Then the screen went all black for 20/30 seconds. I tried to hold the power button again to start/shurdown the pc (I didn’t know if was on or off). The fans started to run at maximum speed for 1 second then the PC turned off.

If I try to charge it or start it, no leds are appearing.

Now the PC won’t turn on AT ALL. Both with battery and without. I also tried to follow the “Nitropad don’t start” procedure here: Troubleshooting - Nitrokey Documentation

I unscrewed the laptop, removed battery, press 20s power button but nothing. The PC doesn’t even show when carging.

Please help me. I am desperate. I am chain smoking and I am worried that I bricked it.

Some updates:

  • Tried to reset CMOS by removing the small battery as well, waiting 30min and restarting again. Didn’t help.