While reinstalling Qubes the laptop suddenly shuts down.
Then when I start it, it gives a loop of HOTP and TOTP and TPM errors and at one point it was saying that no default boot menu detected.
- So I decided to OEM factory reset and now I am getting:
“HOTP: Error checking code, Insert HOTP USB Security Dongle a-(this part is cut-off so don’t know what it says).” with a yellow background.
- After this when I press Default boot it says:
“The file containing hashes for /boot is missing!
Would you like to update your checksums now?”
- So I pressed yes and I get:
“confirm that your GPG card is inserted”
- I am guessing thats my nitrokey usb stick so I pressed Yes. Then it says:
“/boot/kexec_rollback.txt does not exist: creating new TPM counter TPM Owner Password:”
- I put the default pin and then it says:
“gpg: no default secret key: No public Key
gpg: signing failed: No public key
(repeats multiple times)
/boot: Unable to sign kexec hashes
Failed to sign default config: Press Enter to continue.”
- Then it brings me back to the same yellow menu:
“HOTP error insert USB Security…”
– What should I do now because i feel like I tried to “refresh TOTP/HOTP” but it doesnt solve the issue. But I noticed that when I refresh it stops midway. Like after it says HOTP success it just stops and then I have to turn the laptop off. Is that normal or is something else supposed to happen.
– should I “Change configuration settings”
—change “boot options”
—Flash the BIOS
Sorry for giving so much trouble I swear I am not doing anything wrong.