How to enable IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-Vi on a Nitropad X230?

Since the in-place upgrade for Qubes on my Nitropad continues not to work, I went down the path of clean installation.

I upgraded Firmware on the Nitropad according to this: Firmware Update - Nitrokey Documentation. I used this version: nitropad-x230-v1.4.npf. There were no errors during this.

I then went to install Qubes 4.1 from a USB but I received a following message:
Unsupported Hardware Detected This hardware lacks features required by Qubes OS. Missing features: IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-Vi, interrupt Remapping. Without these features, Qubes OS will nit fuction normally. It is recommended that only developers and power users proceed with the installation. For more information on supported hardware, please refer to System requirements | Qubes OS

Nowhere in the options available when I boot up the Nitropad I can find a way to enable these features.

Iā€™m not a very technical person and by this stage, I have no idea what to do at all, so can I please ask for specific step-by-step guide to make the Qubes upgrade installation process work on the Nitropad specifically?

Thanks.

1 Like

this happens for a small portion of x230 solution is to reflash the bios with an external flasher

1 Like

@nesti-nitrokey Are you able to explain how to reflash externally the Nitropad firmware?