How to update notations on PGP keys on my Nitrokey

I’m trying to add a proof to my Keyoxide profile, and my PGP key is currently stored on my Nitrokey.

I’ve added many proofs to my Keyoxide before my keys were stored on my Nitrokey, so I’m confident that I’m following the steps properly. Now that I’ve moved it to my Nitrokey, though, when I follow the instructions on the Keyoxide website, I get the following error when trying to add a notation:

gpg: WARNING: no user ID has been marked as primary. This command may cause a different user ID to become the assumed primary.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’m using a Nitrokey Pro 2, for what it’s worth

More details:

gpg> notation
gpg: WARNING: no user ID has been marked as primary.  This command may
              cause a different user ID to become the assumed primary.
Enter the notation: <NEW_NOTATION>
Current notations for user ID "<MY_ID>":
         <MY_EXISTING_NOTATIONS>
Adding notation:<NEW_NOTATION>
gpg: signing failed: Invalid ID
gpg: update_keysig_packet failed: Invalid ID

Where <NEW_NOTATION> is the notation I’m trying to add, <MY_ID> is the uid I selected, and <MY_EXISTING_NOTATIONS> is the notations I’ve already added to my key (before I moved it to my nitrokey)

I added a notation for keyoxide to my Nitrokey Storage, so I can confirm that it is possible.

I followed the steps outlined here: Docs — Gitlab
When using the ‘list’ command, my id gets listed below the keys with its ID in parenthesis. After selecting the ID with the command ‘uid N’ (where N is the ID shown) it gets marked with an asterisk, after which I can add the notation.

Does this help in any way? Is your ID shown correctly when using the ‘list’ command?