HSM Blocked how to firmware update §§ access to pki platform not possible

Guten Tag,

ich habe die So-Pin verloren und mein NK HSM 2 leider gespert.

Gemäss meinem Verständis gibt es nur eine Möglichkeit den HSM 2 funktionstüchtig zu bekommen .? Firmware update in pkiaasservice portal, jedoch kann ich mich nicht mit mrinrm hsm authentifizieren ? ich habe auch einen Nitro key Pro der funktionstüchtig ist.

Können Sie mir bitte helfen.

If only the SO-PIN is blocked and you still have the user pin, then you can register at the PKI-as-a-Service Portal and perform a firmware reload.

If you can’t use the user pin, because it is also blocked or unknown, then you can register with a different Nitrokey HSM and reload firmware on the other device.

2 Likes

How to do this?

Login in with the working device, replace with the blocked device and select firmware update.

2 Likes

You don’t have to register or login the blocked device. After login with one device you can mass-update all other devices you have access to.

This can be done even remotely for registered devices: Just select the device from the list and the next time the device is connected to the portal the update will happen. This is handy for devices that are installed remotely and are managed via the portal. You just need the RAM Over HTTP client from sc-hsm-embedded.

2 Likes

Guten Abend,

ich möchte allen für die Unterstützung und Antworten hiermit herzlichsts bedanken.

Ich konnte wie bereits in andere Einträge erwähnt mein Blocked NK-HSM2 via firmware upgrade neu initialisieren.

1. Zweiten funktionierenden HSM2 bei Nitrokey bestellen
  2. Crypto Software OpenSC installieren ( Ps. funktionierte ohne 32-bit OpenSC install) **ohne Gewähr da mir die Nebenwirkungen noch nicht bekannt sind :wink: *
  3. Neuer NK-HSM initializieren – SO-PIN und PIN setzen
  4. Java installieren (Javawebstart) !! und Cardupdater Daemon starten mittels CMD /POWERSHELL java -jar ocf-cc.jar -v
    5.URL Login Required (pki-as-a-service.net) aufrufen und PIN
  5. Den Rest kann ich leider nicht mehr auswendig

Herzliche Grüsse und schöne Festtage wünsche ich allen.
Mohamad Haider

1 Like

I am trying to reset the device but I get that there is no newer version…

No firmware update available for this device issuer (Edit)

I understand that it should be possible to reflash

> sc-hsm-tool
Using reader with a card: Nitrokey Nitrokey HSM
Version              : 3.5
Config options       :
  User PIN reset with SO-PIN enabled
SO-PIN locked
User PIN tries left  : 3

How can I force the upgrade? @sc-hsm

Can you try again ?

It works now! Thanks!