I ran into some issues with an install on a nitropad T430. (heads bios problem)

was using a test version of Hyperbola, wondered how I can open a live install manually within heads on my Nitropad T430i, and borked my lvm2…

Whenever I try to boot Hyperbola’s 3.1 live image, it drops me to a recovery shell due to it expecting the directories in said live image to be similiar to other distros.

I know how to fix this problem, if I only could get into the Hyperbola live image and mount everything within. But there in lies the problem…

/hyperbola/boot/syslinux does not have vmlinuz in it aka…
That may be part of the problem.

Anywho help would be appreciated.

Actually, it seems to be happening on other usbs…

I begin to wonder, if its safe to switch to a different open source bios and switch back, when I feel its safe to.

I can’t even load a devuan live persistent now… :confused:

mount: mounting on /dev/sdb1 on /media failed invalid argument

that’s the error I get

Hi!

1. What is yours Heads version?
  2. You should be able to easily change the BIOS through the Heads update feature, though that is out of scope for the support (and this is most probably not handled by the warranty).
  3. About the mount error, is this happening after USB boot attempt? Can you write all steps / a reproduction scenario?

Connected: Nitropad x230 install failure of distributions like arch linux - #4 by szszszsz

Yeah, I am sure it is out of the scope of support, that being said, for now I don’t see a purpose in doing so. I thankfully had a backup copy of my OS, aka, disk cloning ftw…

As for what you just mentioned, yes… if I try to load a live persistent usb version of hyperbola, it drops to a shell immediately.

Probably because it expects /dev/sda2 instead of /dev/sdb2? loading a usb this way works on coreboot better. Oh well…

It waits 10 seconds than drops to a shell before I can even unlock the encryption. Weird yes?

I do however, wish there was an option to modify how the os boots before it loads it, for a temporary measure and obviously, requring a password to do so… :wink:

Thank god for disk cloning though, that’s ultimately the only way I could fix the problem. :grin:

Although, to keep a long story short, I also needed to reclaim space that I lost, which was tricky, but the whole story simplified… its a mess to install arch based distros on nitropad.

Appreciate you replying to my issue though.

Gotta revive this topic again, tried upgrading to 1.4 heads bios on T430, again, and it gave me some VMX is disabled error. Not long after that, 30 minutes later… the computer freezes completely.

That is the size of it. I had to yet again rollback to version 1.3.1 of the npf versions.

Do you need the Nitrokey Pro in when you update the flash?

If not, this is a weird bug…

Just thought I should give you devs a heads up.

As to what the actual problem is. Sorry I didn’t figure this out sooner.

Finally got around to it a few hours prior.
xD

After some thought, wondering, it shows a minimal setup, mostly CLI when I tried updating to the new ver… But actually, been wondering if the intel me gets accidently deleted from the firmware or something for the T430 device with i7-3632QM

I have that processor and heard that it doesnt work with qubesos, maybe instead of intel me being disabled, on this processor, it gets completely deleted via your new firmware…

I recommend you guys check to see if this is possible.

Aka, the 1.4.0 version/.npf

:wink: