Importing EC key and certificate into the Nitrokey HSM 2

Hi All ,

I have recently purchased a Nitrokey HSM 2 and although there appear to be a some information on how to import in the HSM. These threads are a few years old I am wondering if there is a more efficient way of importing and exporting P12 from the Nitrokey.

I HAVE INITIALISED THE HSM2 AND CREATED THE DKEK SHARE WITH THE SC_HSM_TOOL.EXE. CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE THE COMMAND THAT NEEDS TO BE EXECUTED TO IMPORT THE P12 INTO THE HSM2

Can you please share step by step guide? Thank you so much in advance.

I appreciate keys should be generated in hardware on the appliance but we have a specific requirement to to generate the private key in a controlled secure platform from where it would be securely deleted once it has been imported onto the Nitrokey HSM.

Regards
Wajid

1 Like

Hi All,

I have managed to import a p12 into the NitroKey HSM. These any way we can export the p12 with smart Card Shell? or SC-HSM-Tools?

Please help

Regards
Wajid

There is no ready-to-use function, but you could write a script that reverses the importPKCS12() method in the KeyManager class (Can be found in keymanager/keymanager.js of the SCSH installation).