Importing Google Calender Entries Into NetBox

Hi,

Newbie question. I run a small business that uses Google for just about everything at the moment and for obvious reasons I want to stop and host my own data. What’s most important for us is calendars. I am a mobile technician and my wife takes care of the admin, beaming my appointments out to me via web based google calendars.

I read a little about Netbox and this my be the solution to host our own service.

Before I purchase, I would like to know if we can use our mac devices to run our calendar appointments with use of Netbox?

Also am I able to import my current calendars from google? We have many years of data in which we use to track back.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @service8,

A widely adopted protocol/method to share calendar (and contacts) data is CalDAV and CardDAV respectively. Naturally, Nextcloud also supports them.

To export your Google calendar you can visit “Settings” and search for export, there you’ll have the option to export calendars, which will deliver you a “.ics” file for each calendar, which you can easily import into Nextcloud using the import function (bottom left settings → import inside the calendar app)

Same applies for your contacts: export them as “.vcf” and import them into Nextcloud using the Contacts App and its import functionality.

best