Nextbox system update alert

I fully understand that the Nextcloud instance on the Nextbox will be updated by Nitrokey (and not by Nextcloud themselves); anyhow with a two-days-old device I get regular warnings that 'Netcloud 21.02 is available’ (vs my current version 21.0).
This is a bit worrying as it’s not just an info buried in the parameters view, but also a warning in the messaging system.
Do I understand correcly that this message actually would concern ordinary nextcloud installation and should be discarded here?
Or is it actually a Nitrokey update, that I am just not capable to trigger (and in that case how to do it?)
Thank you!
H.

hey hey,

yes, currently the version 21.0.0 is the most recent for the NextBox. We explicitly avoid updating to 21.0.2 right now, as 21.0.2 leads to problems currently. We are currently investigating which next Nextcloud version is rolled out onto the NextBox.

Do I understand correcly that this message actually would concern ordinary nextcloud installation and should be discarded here?
Or is it actually a Nitrokey update, that I am just not capable to trigger (and in that case how to do it?)

NextBox updates are triggered automatically, and yes this message mainly concerns ordinary installations.

This is a bit worrying as it’s not just an info buried in the parameters view, but also a warning in the messaging system.

The FAQ (2nd point in software) also mentions this issue shortly (https://docs.nitrokey.com/nextbox/faq.html#software).

best

1 Like

Thank you @daringer . I’d say you may try to suppress the useless alarm, but I definitely consider this as a last priority item :wink:

yep, no worries this is on the list, and yes priority wise you are also right :smiley:

1 Like