I’m a longtime user of ‘ordinary’ Nitrokey Storage, and today I discover the new Nextbox which definitely suits me.
(1) I’d like to learn more about how it will connect to the ‘outside’ internet, in the following cases :
- it is connected in an intranet with an ordinary ISP ‘box’ interface that handles DHCP, on a non-fix external IP (do I have to adjust the ISP box on my own, or for instance do you provide a redirector somewhere on your side which the Netbox will keep informed…)
- same but if I have a fix IP
- which other possible cases?
(2) Other than that, I read that there will be ‘automatic updates’. I presume these will also update the Nextcloud instance. Will these Nextcloud updates happen through the standard NC update channel, or will you provide a specific updating?
I ask this because for instance the people on the Turris routers do supply some adjusted version of Nextcloud through their own channel, apparently because otherwise the Nextcloud ordinary updates are incompatible with the Turris (linux) OS. (And to be honest that feature is a pain, bringing different versions and actually other bugs…)
(3) On the Nextbox pictures I see a variety of USB connectors. I presume at least one would connect an external storage capacity. Will there be some way of either extending the internal storage, and/or duplicate it for backup purposes?
Thank you and all the best!