I am trying for days now to install Qubes… without success. I’m using the official Nitrokey image provided on GitHub.
What I do:
- Boot the ISO with a USB stick: works fine
- The installer appears and works unattended: works fine
- After the installer configured everything the Qubes symbol is shown together with a progress bar: works fine
- But then, when the progress bar reaches about one third, the computer shuts down without rebooting, without logs, without one single piece of information
- Afterwards I power on the computer again an choose “Default Boot”
- “Missing Hash File” message appears, I enter
- “Update checksums and sign all files in /boot” message appears, I enter
- Confirming that the Nitrokey is connected
/boot/kexec_rollback does not exist: creating new TPM counterappears, I enter the TPM Owner password
- Then it says:
gpg: no default secret key: No public key gpg: signing failed: No public key /boot: Unable to sign kexec hashes Failed to sign default config: press Enter to continue
So it looks for me that one part of the key is missing. But I don’t know how to import it, especially because there is no part in the installation where I am able to insert something.
Thanks in advance!