Python question - installing pynitrokey

Hello,

During the installation of pynitrokey with pipx there are severall libraries installed too.

My question is - how can I see their version and where are they stored?

For example pyscard.

When I use pip i got the pip list command. But with pipx I did not found such a command.

Strange enough, that some of the new installed libraries like setuptools are listed by pip list which I did not installed by hand.

I crawled a little bit my home directory but found nothing.

Everything I installed is without admin rights.

Thanky guys!

:slight_smile:

You should be able to list all packages in pynitrokey’s virtual environment with pipx runpip pynitrokey list.

Ah cool I didn’t know this combination of commands.

Thanks!

By the way … If I would install the libraries needed for pipx again with pip or pipx for me like pyscard, would there be a chance that there will be a confusion for pynitrokey?

Regards

:slight_smile:

No. pipx isolates the installed programs into separate virtual environments. That’s why we recommend it over installing with pip directly.