Scdaemon not supported on my linux distro :(

Hello.

I want to use the NK3 for OpenGPG.
I wanted to install scdaemon. My distro - Mageia 8 - did not know this. :frowning:

I was able to install ccid.
here is the info
Name : ccid Version : 1.4.33 Release : 1.mga8 Architecture : x86_64 Size : 1.5 M Quelle : ccid-1.4.33-1.mga8.src.rpm Repository : @System Aus Paketque : mageia-x86_64 Summary : Generic USB CCID smart card reader driver URL : https://ccid.apdu.fr Lizenz : LGPLv2+ Description : Generic USB CCID (Chip/Smart Card Interface Devices) driver for use with : the PC/SC Lite daemon.

It was shipped with pcsc-lite
Name : pcsc-lite Version : 1.9.0 Release : 1.mga8 Architecture : x86_64 Size : 159 k Quelle : pcsc-lite-1.9.0-1.mga8.src.rpm Repository : @System Aus Paketque : mageia-x86_64 Summary : M.U.S.C.L.E. PC/SC Framework for Linux URL : https://github.com/LudovicRousseau/PCSC Lizenz : BSD-like Description : The purpose of PC/SC Lite is to provide a Windows(R) SCard interface : in a very small form factor for communicating to smartcards and : readers. PC/SC Lite uses the same winscard API as used under : Windows(R). This package includes the PC/SC Lite daemon, a resource : manager that coordinates communications with smart card readers and : smart cards that are connected to the system, as well as other command : line tools.
But this didn’t help me using the key as a gpg card.
I get the info that no card was found. :frowning:

Is there a way I can build scdaemon from source?

Best regards

Hello.

I found the main problem .
The ccid API must be 1.5+
I read the Github page of the author.

So I need to build a newer version need I?

Maybe I need the deaemon for the gpg card too?
I found nothing about for RPM based distros.

Hello,

As far as I remember the only change in ccid needed is a some config file update (additional entry for Nitrokey 3), but naturally the safest is a rebuild of it - this should not be complicated. I do not see any binary changes in the relevant commit:

Regarding GnuPG, it might have Udev rules outdated, which would be required as well. You can download ours instead at:

Hello @szszszsz
Thank you for answering.

I have updated the firmware and set the UDEV rules.
Status of my device
Command line tool to interact with Nitrokey devices 0.4.36 UUID: 6CEB5B3E66B4135FA6C67E24E74291DB Firmware version: v1.4.0 Init status: ok Free blocks (int): 60 Free blocks (ext): 478

gpg --card-list say no device found.

I downloaded the last pcsc-lite tarball and make install this.
This is a part of the result

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c libpcsclite.la '/usr/local/lib' libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 libtool: install: (cd /usr/local/lib && { ln -s -f libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 libpcsclite.so.1 || { rm -f libpcsclite.so.1 && ln -s libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 libpcsclite.so.1; }; }) libtool: install: (cd /usr/local/lib && { ln -s -f libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 libpcsclite.so || { rm -f libpcsclite.so && ln -s libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 libpcsclite.so; }; }) libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libpcsclite.lai /usr/local/lib/libpcsclite.la libtool: finish: PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin" ldconfig -n /usr/local/lib Libraries have been installed in: /usr/local/lib

What I can not install is the ccid package which tells me
[...] checking for sys/types.h... yes checking for unistd.h... yes checking for ifdhandler.h... no configure: error: install pcsc-lite 1.8.3 or later, or use ./configure PCSC_CFLAGS=
This is what I do not understand. I did installed pcsc-lite 1.9.9 .
So why I can’t install ccid?

regards
:slight_smile:

1. Do you have pkg-config installed?
  2. There should be some more detailed log from the build process, which would tell why it was not recognized. Can you check?

Yes

The .configure cmd said
WARNING: libpcsclite not found by pkg-config

usr/local/lib

libpcsclite.la* libpcsclite.so.1.0.0* libpcscspy.so.0@ pkgconfig/ libpcsclite.so@ libpcscspy.la* libpcscspy.so.0.0.0* printdriver/ libpcsclite.so.1@ libpcscspy.so@ libpython3.10.a* python3.10/

what i found is pcsc-spy in usr/local/bin
and pcscd usr/local/sbin/

# whatis pcscd pcscd (8) - PC/SC Smart Card Daemon

Well what todo?

Probably setting env PCSC_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include PCSC_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure ... or something similar might help.

Hello @saper

Can I damage something with this try and error method?
regards

No, until it builds and you run make install.

Hello.

After hours of try and error I found a way to install the
ccid package.

Unfortunately I still can not use the NK3 as PGP card.
After I installed everything and started the pcscd daemon
I again get only the info that no card was found
when I try
gpg --card-status.
That is not easy :frowning:

Any Ideas anyone?
Thank you.

For rpm based distros I will post the exactly way to install the pcsclite and ccid package in an other post.

Regards T.L.