Updating the System, Nextcloud, Certificates

Hello,
I really am a bit confused regarding the updates (system, cloud, certificate …).

• I have NC 25.0.4 installed while 25.0.7 is currently available, the upgrade is not automatic. Should I click Open installer via web browser? Is the system going to be rebooted?
  • I understand that the Let’sEncrypt gets refreshed every day. Well not with me, I’m on 79 and was struggling to get it updated the first time.
  • Should I ssh to nextbox and apt update/upgrade/distupgrade. This surelly would reboot the sys, which means loosing cloud for who knows how long.

Can someone give me some pointers?

P.S. I really love NextBox, I find it a great great idea! Thanks guys.
Matej

Hello,
I see that this issues are not very common, this is actually very reassuring, but I do have constant issues, i guess, due to not being able to update stuff!
Lately I get an error, that my certificate is not adequate (HTTPS / TLS Status is all green) and that my site is, as Fortinet says, linked to “phishing”. I have no idea, how to check if certs are valid. NB shows everything tiptop.

So, nothing seems to be going on automatically. Am I suppose to do something.

Thank you,
Matej

Hello,
I managed to update the system manually, and would like to find out if letsencrpyt can also be updated manually as automatics do not work. I get no errors, but the cert has not been updated for 50 days now.

2023-06-30 12:03:49,143:DEBUG:certbot.main:Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#null,PluginEntryPoint#standalone,PluginEntryPoint#webroot)
2023-06-30 12:03:49,174:DEBUG:certbot.log:Root logging level set at 20
2023-06-30 12:03:49,175:INFO:certbot.log:Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
2023-06-30 12:03:49,221:DEBUG:certbot.ocsp: Querying OCSP for /srv/letsencrypt/live/mydomain/cert.pem
2023-06-30 12:03:49,221:DEBUG:certbot.ocsp:openssl ocsp -no_nonce -issuer /srv/letsencrypt/live/mydomain/chain.pem -cert /srv/letsencrypt/live/mydomain/cert.pem -url http://r3.o.lencr.org -CAfile /srv/letsencrypt/live/mydomain/chain.pem -verify_other /srv/letsencrypt/live/mydomain/chain.pem -trust_other -header Host=r3.o.lencr.org

This was pasted from the letsencrypt.log but I can not make sense of it. Any ideas?

Thank you
Matej

Hands up who thinks nextbox is left to die by nitrokey … my certificate won’t update as well - certbot (directly asked via cli) does not know any certificate, it is probably hidden in a docker container …

i cannot use shit here

Dear @6Sheep

please understand the following lines as a last warning.

It is perfectly fine, if you report issues in these forums and we happily try to help you as good as we can. Keep in mind that this is a community platform here and if you would like to get direct support please write an e-mail to the support e-mail address.

But it is absolutely not acceptable, if you try to organize customers against Nitrokey on this platform. If you feel the need you are free to do this somewhere else, but for very obvious reasons this is not allowed here. Especially, if your allegations are wrong assumptions and/or using our products in an unintended way (ssh on NextBox).

To be very clear, NextBox is still fully supported by us! We just last week released a new version with Nextcloud updated to 26.0.7 and the next update targeting Nextcloud 26.0.8 is already in the pipeline.

Finally, I would also like to ask you to watch your language a little bit, this is not 4chan. Asking friendly might also help you getting a helpful answer…

best

Dear daringer,

see your point - but probably as far as my opinion goes you completly missing the promise of your product. I was not buying for fun a overpriced raspberry pi, i bought your idea of a managed cloud. I hung in your deadloop then, have to overread warnings of missing and/or proper configuration of tables and so on - if i would like to bitbang stuff and waste hours in cli, i would have set it up for my own. Especially after you suggest my usage of ssh will alter the nextbox automatically, it is true troll - i shall not put my hands on the system but the system screems having issues.
The certificate issue also comes without my help … you are right, my tone was off - but from my point of view it is the service - and all i get is fingerpointing back

Hey @6sheep,

Especially after you suggest my usage of ssh will alter the nextbox automatically, it is true troll

I am not implying that, I just mentioned the fact that once you activate and tinker with ssh we simply cannot know what was changed so this complicates things.

Let’s just leave this behind us and try to work out your issue in the original thread, how about this?

best

Since this is my thread…
I really faced many issues with my Nextbox. After trying literally everything, I decided to let go of this installation and start a new one from scratch. It took me a day to disassemble, reassemble, reinstall and reset pi, do all the settings all over again … and now it purrs like a kitten.
Apart from a few incompletely supported applications, it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Best.

1 Like