Windows 11 SmartCard Logon problem

We use NK HSM and HSM2 for SmartCard based logon to Win10 x64 in an AD domain. On the Win10 PCs there is OpenSC installed.

Now I tried to use a perfectly working HSM with Win11. But I was not able to login to the Win11 PC. After entering the PIN I get an error (German): “Diese Smartcard konnte nicht verwendet werden. Weitere Details finden Sie im Systemereignisprotokoll. Melden Sie diesen Fehler dem Administrator”

Eventlog says (German):
Fehler beim Abrufen eines digitalen Zertifikats von der eingesteckten Smartcard. Die digitale Signatur dieser Datei kann nicht überprüft werden. Möglicherweise wurde durch eine kürzlich durchgeführte Hardware- oder Softwareänderung eine falsch signierte oder beschädigte Datei oder eine Datei, bei der es sich um böswillige Software aus einer unbekannten Quelle handelt, installiert.
EventID: 5 , Source: Smart Card Logon

I already tried several versions of OpenSC, but no change. certuril -scinfo reads the Smartcard and shows the contents on the WIn11-PC.

What can I do now?

Greetings, dmark

Hi!
I do not know if this is related, but I’ve found out that the current latest OpenSC is not working well with Nitrokey HSM. The version before, v0.23, was working fine though. Can you confirm which versions did you use?

Hi!
I also found that OpenSC 0.24 doesn’t work with Nitrokey HSM. So I tried both OpenSC 0.23 and even 0.22. But with no success.