[DEBUG_L1] Throw: Device not initialized

Hi!

I got a new Nitrokey Storage, and everything worked fine until I clicked “Enable Firmware Updates” in Nitrokey App (Fedora 27).

Since then, whenever I try to connect the key, I get

[DEBUG_L1] Throw: Device not initialized

The key doesn’t seem to work, Nitrokey app, doesn’t detect it anymore, and gpg --card-status doesn’t find it either.

It turns out the device’s firmware has to be updated once firmware update has been enable.

Hi,

it does not have to be updated, but the firmware has to get kind of loaded again, yes. So after going into firmware update mode one can going “back to normal” by typing

dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s launch

(which is the last step of these instructions)

Kind regards
Alex

1 Like

Alexander Paetzelt noreply@support.nitrokey.com writes:

Hi,

Hi Alexander,

it does not have to be updated, but the firmware has to get kind of loaded again, yes. So after going into firmware update mode one can going “back to normal” by typing

Thanks, that worked as expected.

Best regards,
Nicolas

Hey guys, same problem over here. Went into firmware upgrade mode, downloaded dfu-programmer and been stucked now on the terminal. Typing

C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\dfu>dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s flash --suppress-bootloader-mem firmware_V0.49.0.hex

gives me error

dfu-programmer: no device present.

same for running

dfu-programmer: no device present.

maybe you guys can help me out.

sincerly yours

Hello @nitbit! I replied here: NitroKey Storage Stick bricked after switching into Firmware Upgrade Mode