[EDIT: jumpy directly to the very last post for the current problem. I just kept the earlier posts for reference]
trying to set up Dynamic DNS.
I acquired a Domain at .dedyn.io. I received a token and input it into the appropriate field in Nextbox. Then:
Fair enough, no IPv6 then, IPv4 should suffice. Next, I click on Enable HTTPS:
Failed reachability for: myname.dedyn.io
I looked at port forwarding.
In my FritzBox 6490 I
- went to “Internet → Freigaben → Port Freigaben”
- selected “Gerät für Freigaben hinzufügen”
- selected “nextbox” as the machine in question
- did not select “Selbstständige Portfreigaben für dieses Gerät erlauben.” nor “Dieses Gerät komplett für den Internetzugriff über IPv4 freigeben (Exposed Host).” (but also tried selecting both)
- but rather added a few “Freigaben”, namely HTTP-Server via TCP Port 80 and HTTPS-Server via TCP Port 443 (for both, IPv4 and IPv6).
But myname.dedyn.io remains unreachable. Any idea where I did go wrong?