Nextcloud office

Since the nextbox recieved an upgrade to NC24 these days I gave Nextcloud office another try. What I did was to install the CODE server and then Nextcloud office. Trying to open a .odt docuemtn then results in a loading screen and nothing more happens. In fact the nextbox becomes so slow that I need to reboot it afterwards. So no luck on my side so far.

Did anyone manage to get office up and running? It is the feature I’m still missing most on my nextbox.

@f0x I too am searching for the same kind of apps. No luck till now. You may check my post here too, also mentioning Collabora…

Thanks for your reply! I actually read your post but hoped something might have changed now where nextcloud announced to put more effort into nextcloud office.

It would be nice to also hear what the nitrokey team thinks about this issue because as I said, for me it’s the biggest downgrade the nextbox has so far and it would be very helpful if it was possible to collaborate on documents with the nextbox.

I agree. To not have the possibility to work as a group on open documents really is a downgrade for me using Nexbox.
I try again with every Update of Nextbox, Collabora and Nexcloud Office, but so far no luck.

Any hints from the Nextbox-Team regarding this issue?

I had a look at my logs and could find these arrows which appear when I try to install and run CODE and Nextcloud office:

Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/custom_apps/richdocuments/lib/WOPI/DiscoveryManager.php#123
Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/custom_apps/richdocuments/lib/WOPI/DiscoveryManager.php#124
Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/custom_apps/richdocuments/lib/WOPI/DiscoveryManager.php#125

Does anyone have an idea what these errors mean? I can also provide the logfile if needed.

1 Like

Any help or hints from the Nitro-Team available please?
To me collaborate work in Word and Excel is essential.

1 Like