Nextcloud office

Since the nextbox recieved an upgrade to NC24 these days I gave Nextcloud office another try. What I did was to install the CODE server and then Nextcloud office. Trying to open a .odt docuemtn then results in a loading screen and nothing more happens. In fact the nextbox becomes so slow that I need to reboot it afterwards. So no luck on my side so far.

Did anyone manage to get office up and running? It is the feature I’m still missing most on my nextbox.

1 Like

@f0x I too am searching for the same kind of apps. No luck till now. You may check my post here too, also mentioning Collabora…

Thanks for your reply! I actually read your post but hoped something might have changed now where nextcloud announced to put more effort into nextcloud office.

It would be nice to also hear what the nitrokey team thinks about this issue because as I said, for me it’s the biggest downgrade the nextbox has so far and it would be very helpful if it was possible to collaborate on documents with the nextbox.

I agree. To not have the possibility to work as a group on open documents really is a downgrade for me using Nexbox.
I try again with every Update of Nextbox, Collabora and Nexcloud Office, but so far no luck.

Any hints from the Nextbox-Team regarding this issue?

1 Like

I had a look at my logs and could find these arrows which appear when I try to install and run CODE and Nextcloud office:

Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/custom_apps/richdocuments/lib/WOPI/DiscoveryManager.php#123
Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/custom_apps/richdocuments/lib/WOPI/DiscoveryManager.php#124
Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /var/www/html/custom_apps/richdocuments/lib/WOPI/DiscoveryManager.php#125

Does anyone have an idea what these errors mean? I can also provide the logfile if needed.

1 Like

Any help or hints from the Nitro-Team available please?
To me collaborate work in Word and Excel is essential.

1 Like

still nothing?

With what I believe is the latest nextcloud version here, it seems there are no changes : an .odt documents does trigger NCOffice immediately, but after a while there is a failure. Inded maybe an issue with access permissions, that I am not able to address…

@f0x indeed wuen I try accessing the file you describe above, I find the related directory just does not exist on my nextbox:

nextuser@nextbox:/ $ cd /var/www/html/custom_apps
-bash: cd: /var/www/html/custom_apps: No such file or directory
nextuser@nextbox:/ $ ls
bin   dev  home  lost+found  mnt  proc  run   srv  tmp  var
boot  etc  lib   media       opt  root  sbin  sys  usr
nextuser@nextbox:/ $ cd /var
nextuser@nextbox:/var $ ls
backups  cache  lib  local  lock  log  mail  opt  run  spool  swap  tmp

(I somehow expected to see the file and check its accesses…)

1 Like

@Herve5 The reason why you cannot find the files mentioned by @f0x is that the files are located in the nextcloud docker container, not in the underlying debian system. You can access them by exec-ing into the docker container.

The following command runs bash inside the docker container as the user “www-data” (the standard webserver user).

sudo docker exec -it -u www-data nextbox-compose_app_1 /bin/bash

Please be cautious.

1 Like