X230 heads & coreboot Build Fails

I ran into the same problem as Nitrokey Pro2 with Heads and followed the instructions to and added CONFIG_LIBREMKEY=y right after CONFIG_FBWHIPTAIL=y as explained here: X230 heads & coreboot - #3 by nitroalex

But when I build the file with this change I get the error:

coreboot toolchain v1.52 June 11th, 2018
ASL Input: dsdt.aml - 2761 lines, 47382 bytes, 1221 keywords
AML Output: dsdt.aml - 13646 bytes, 516 named objects, 705 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 2 Remarks, 337 Optimizations, 1 Constants Folded
IASL x230/dsdt.aml disassembled correctly.
Created CBFS (capacity = 7208920 bytes)
CBFS fallback/romstage
CBFS cpu_microcode_blob.bin
CBFS fallback/ramstage
CBFS cmos.default
CBFS cmos_layout.bin
CBFS fallback/dsdt.aml
CBFS fallback/payload
E: Could not add […/…/build/x230/bzImage, 7001028 bytes (6836 KB)@0x0]; too big?
E: Failed to add ‘…/…/build/x230/bzImage’ into ROM image.
E: Failed while operating on ‘COREBOOT’ region!
E: The image will be left unmodified.
make[1]: *** [Makefile.inc:920: x230/coreboot.pre] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/user/heads/build/coreboot-4.8.1’
make: *** [Makefile:382: /home/user/heads/build/coreboot-4.8.1/x230/.build] Error 1

The regular x230 built just fine and heads is running great (but without the libremkey module).

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its fixed!

I discovered a file in the build folder called x230-hotp-verification, I built it with make BOARD=x230-hotp-verification and updated heads with the new coreboot.rom and it works!

For future visitors: we have a GitHub repo in which we publish our builds. Currently there is only a release candidate for the next version yet, but in future there will be all our release.

2 Likes

Let’s make that clearer in the build documentation, with the link to the actual CI builds as well if not done already.
@jan @nitroalex
@szszszsz [note]